How to mark an Operator as Unavailable
Marking an Operator as Unavailable will prevent that operator from appearing in bookings
- Go to the Operators tab
- Find the operator by scrolling the list or typing their name or email in the search bar
- Click the 3-dots menu for the operator
- Click Mark as Unavailable
- This action can only be reversed by the account that performed it
- If a hiring client level business marks an operator as unavailable, the operator will be come unavailable for all bookings with the client
- If a supplier level business marks an operator as unavailable, the operator will only become unavailable for bookings for that supplier
Operators Tab To manage operators go to the Operators tab. 1. Add operators from the list of users already in your Aquipa account, or Invite operators by sending an email invitation. Operators who don't already have an account in Aquipa will be ...
Verification of plant operators is required to update and/or confirm information about that plant in order to meet the safety and compliance requirements of the hiring client. 1. Click "SHOW OPERATORS TO VERIFY" on the red banner to display a ...
Reviewing Submitted Operator Verifications
Operator Verification is used to: Assist onboarding by providing a workflow for the verification of imported data Implement changes in requirements where additional information may be required about operators When reviewing submitted operator ...
Reviewing Operator Applications for Approval
When reviewing submitted operator verifications you are reviewing the operator information submitted by suppliers. 1. Go to Dashboard 2. Click the OPERATOR APPLICATION FOR REVIEW widget to go to the list of operator verifications to review in the ...
How to View the Competencies for an Operator
Go to the Operators tab and locate the operator in the table Click the 3-dots menu and select View Operator to go to the profile page of the operator The Competencies table lists the verified competencies for the operator