How to Manage My Plant Operator Competencies
Mange your competencies:
- Login to Aquipa
- Go to the Operators tab in the left menu
- Click the View My Profile button at the top to open your operator profile page which will show a list of your current competencies, as well as
- Document Numbers
- Issued and Expiry Dates
- When the competency was last modified
- From the Add Competencies button at the top you can select additional competencies to add to your profile
- Manage your competencies (e.g. update documentation and expiry dates) by clicking the 3-dots menu for each competency in your list
You can also connect a barcode to your profile (e.g. your RIW card QR code) to enable easy lookup for your profile and competencies while out on site.
I have received an Invitation to Connect as a Plant Operator
If you have received an invitation to connect as a Plant Operator it means that a plant owner in Aquipa requires you to connect with them so that you can be booked for work with their plant. If you don't have an Aquipa account your email invitation ...
As an operator am I required to have my own Plant Services Subscription?
As an operator am I required to have my own Plant Services Subscription? If you are employed by only one business you are not required to have your own plant services subscription. All that is required is that you are set up as a user in the ...
View evidence as an Operator that your checklist was performed
There are a three ways that you as an operator can view and provide evidence that a checklist has been performed. Choose the way that best suits you: 1. Scan the aquipa Registration Sticker Open the aquipa App > Menu (top left of screen) Scan QR Code ...
Perform a Pre-Start Checklist - Mobile device
There are three ways you are able to Begin a Checklist on your Mobile Device. However the quickest way is to use the aquipa Mobile App to scan the QR Code on the aquipa Sticker, perform and submit the checklist. Please see this video: In summary ...
Perform Checklists in Offline Mode - Mobile Device
Q: What is "Offline" Mode? Offline mode means you can perform and submit a checklist (Plant Pre-start for example) with no cellular coverage (3G,4G,5G). When you submit the checklist after completing it, it will stay in the aquipa App "Outbox" until ...